5.26.2009

Felt Carrots and Sneezes

I made Elena a felt carrot (or two) along with a hamburger bun, tomato, lettuce, and cheese slice. I have yet to make the actual hamburger patty (I don't have dark brown felt, yet), but she thinks it's pretty great! I saw a sandwhich on Etsy and thought, "Hey, I could do that." And for less than the $30 the seller was charging. In fact, all the supplies cost just over $7 and I have enough for 3 carrots, probably 6 pieces of lettuce, 4 tomatoes, 6 cheese slices, and 3 buns. Talk about discount! Plus, I can say that they are handmade by me, and not someone else!

This weekend was spent lazing about the backyard, and the other day I must've caught some pollen in my nose and I let out a rather large sneeze. Elena comes up behind me, tugs on my shirt, and I turn around to hear my precious darling say, "Bless you." With a giant grin on her face. She was soooo proud! As was I. It's adorable, really. So the next time you're around her...be sure to sneeze! (Sidenote: She can tell when it's fake, and the aaaah....ahaaaah..ahchoooooo! does not elicit a "bess ewe" from our Little One.)

In other news I only have three weekends left of the semester and then I can finally relax for a month before the flurry of weddings that is coming this fall is upon me. Sigh. Now, I just need to figure out how to write a 3 page reflection on my volunteering that I recently did, a 5 page research paper draft on international adoption (pro), a panel presentation on that same topic, and a FMLA presentation for business law. Oh, and all of that is due THIS WEEKEND.

Jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment