3.28.2008

A Cup! A Cup! My Kingdom for a Cup!

Elena had her first drink from a cup the other day. I was sitting on the couch, watching television, and I grabbed an ice-cold glass of water to quench my thirst. Elena grabbed for it with gusto. I thought she just wanted to suck on the cold glass (see pop-can photo below), so I let her have it. She sucked, then she cried. Then she tried grabbing the top of the glass, from which the water pours. So I thought maybe, just maybe, my little one would like to drink. And sure enough...she did. She didn't get much down her throat, but she enjoyed the experience.

The other day, whilst at home with daddy, she again seemed interested in drinking from a big-girl cup. So Daddy, in his eagerness to please, filled a sippy-cup with formula and dispensed it to our darling daughter. She grabbed onto it and hoisted the spout into her eager mouth. So I guess it's official...she's a "big girl" now. Now she just has to conquer teeth, sleeping by herself, and the potty. Oh, right, and growing up in general.

To you, Elena....slow down little one...slow down! You're already growing up faster than mommy would like.

Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment