This photo was taken in June:
The day after DRL and the girls piled into a car and headed to Minnesconsin.
I was alone for two weeks and occupied my time by sewing aprons.
A whole lot of aprons.
Which reminds me, I need to make more aprons!
After the above photo was snapped, I added a back to the queen-sized quilt top
and it became a duvet cover.
I threw it on our guest bed and didn't look back. 

Until I did.
I looked, and I did not like what I saw.
It just didn't look...finished.
So I tore some seams and folded the quilt top up and packed it in a box.
After we moved back home,
as I unpacked our little studio of space,
I came across the pinwheels and knew I had to finish it. 

It just so happened that Elena liked it,
and needed a fun, kid-friendly bedspread.
So the queen sized duvet was converted into a twin size quilt
with a fun, coordinated, turn-down-the-bed-in-style pieced back.
I absolutely love how it turned out.

Fabric: It's A Hoot by Moda, Kona Snow Cotton, It's a Hoot Home Dec for the binding.



  1. alright...I gotta know how to do this - love it!

  2. Gorgeous! I love the colors you chose; so many different fabrics, but they blend perfectly.

  3. Would love to see the photos of the aprons.

    I just did a post on aprons w/ patterns:


    Beautiful blog!