1.22.2008

Politickin' me off

I watched the CNN Democratic debate last night. It annoyed me. It made me throw up in my mouth a little. It exasperates me to watch a political debate in which the candidates focus on throwing stones at one another. Am I that crazy to think that it would be much more productive both for our country and their campaigns if the candidates talked about how to fix everything that Bush and his administration have broken? Don't they all agree that Bush is evil incarnate and that the Democrats and the voters of this great nation must do everything in our power to amend the wrongs that have been thrust upon us? I guess that topic got skipped over last night.

It's good to know that Obama voted "present" 100 times and then tried to schmooze his way out of it. It's good to know that Edwards takes money from people who benefit from lobbyists -- but adamantly refuses to allow any lobbying to occur in his cabinet - ever. It's good to know that Hillary is resting on the sucess of her husband and has no capabilities beyond that of a first lady. But it would be better to know WHY I should even give a rats ass about that crap. Seriously. I'm done looking backwards -- that's what got us in this predicament in the first place. It's time to look forward. It's time for change. It's time for less talk and more action. And it's time to stop focusing political campaigns on the misdeeds of other politicians.

But what do I know....I'm just another constituent.

No comments:

Post a Comment