7.07.2008

Independence

Elena had her first sleep-over at Grandma's house on Thursday, and boy did they have fun!! DRL brought her to meet Grandma in Scandia (that's halfway between her house and ours) on Thursday morning and we went out to Grandma's place on Friday morning to pick her up. She slept through the night and didn't make too much of a fuss while she was there -- considering she's teething, has an ear infection, and spent her first 24 hours without any boob to suckle. She was rather clingy to Grandma, and therefore wasn't too affectionate to Papa Al, but other than that, things went off without a hitch. Great-Grandpa Beaver gave Elena her first popsicle, which she loved, and she spent the majority of her time sitting outside watching the hummingbirds come and go.

And for those of you wondering, I did great, too. I thought I was going to have a rough go of it -- having my daughter gone for the first time and all -- but it turned out to be, well, rather enjoyable. My first experience with letting go wasn't as bad as I had envisioned, and this holiday weekend turned out to have a second reason for DRL and I to celebrate independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment