7.15.2008

It's "E"lena...

Elena had her 9 month well baby visit yesterday and we happened to bump into the Dr's nurse - of the same name - in the hallway. She asked the name of our cute little dumpling, to which DRL and I promptly replied "Elena." She responded with, "Well, I'm "E"lena, and it's nice to meet you." DRL and smiled and continued on our way. Later on in the evening DRL asked me how we pronounce our darling daughter's name -- if we had decided on "E" or "A" as the phonetic tone of the first letter. I said that indeed, we did name her E-lane-ah, but we get lazy and tend to say it fast and it sounds like Ah-lane-ah. I'm sure it's something she will spend her life correcting people on. Just like DRL does with the spelling of his name, and I do with the proper pronouncing of mine. But for the record, it's a long E.

For those who into this type of thing, here are her stats:
Weight: 17lbs 4ounces (10th percentile)
Height: 26inches (10th percentile)
Head: 18 inches (90th percentile)

She has also reached all of her 9-month milestones. Waving bye-bye, crawling, understanding the word "No," responding to her name (regardless of which way we pronounce it).

The Family Pelton recently purchased a new camera -- so I have many great photos to upload. Help me find 20 minutes, and I'll share them with you!! (In other words, photos to come...be patient).

That's the news for now. Futher updates as they happen....

3 comments:

  1. I have always pronounced her name as "Eeeeel-Nuh". And Darrell's name as "Durr-Ell".

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's just weird. You're "Ay-thuh-nuh". Obviously.

    ReplyDelete