10.15.2009

Neil & Jane

Have been married for 50 years.  
Five Zero.  Ten times longer than DRL and I.   
This is the dress Jane wore on her wedding day.  I wish I would have had the chance to get this as a hand-me-down. Talk about chic!  I would have rocked this gown.  

Something fierce.
But this isn't about me.
Or him.
Even though he's adorable.  
He somehow managed to always find my camera lens.  I had my 200mm zoom lens on and I spotted him from across the room.  He smiled.

Fifty years of marriage will get you a lot of these little guys. 
Grandkids galore.
Cheerful. Smiling.  Precocious.

But you can't have grandchildren without children.
One daughter.
One son - A life cut short. A parent's worst nightmare.
  Neil and Jane weathered that storm. Likely the hardest of their 50 years.

But life isn't fair. 
And marriage isn't easy.

But these two:
These hands:
These memories: 
All brought rushing back to the surface in a small room on a blustery Sunday afternoon.  
Reminders of 50 years of laughter.
50 years of love.
50 years of together.
And as many more as God will allow.

Congratulations.
Thank you for inviting me to document your day.  I was honored to be a part of such a momentous occasion in your lives together.

I'll see you at the 75th!

Blessings,
A

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the photo tribute.
    It was a very nice day...
    Gave Jane the CD yesterday, then took
    her downtown to print some pictures. She
    loved them all! She will be recommending
    you to anyone she knows that need a photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked the blog about the day. The photos did turn out really well, and I'm proud to put my name on them.

    Thanks for giving me my first paying gig, Auntie K. I couldn't have taken these shots without you.

    Give all the Anderson's my love.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to my parents. Thank you so much for being there to capture this special occasion. Thank you for sharing your talent with us! A special thanks to Kristy for having you there. We wouldn't have had these wonderful pictures! Barb

    ReplyDelete