7.12.2010

Miles


Today I drove 265 miles.
Two hundred
sixty
five
miles. 

I went to Temple this morning. 
Then I had a lunch with a pain management group in Georgetown.

Then I drove to Marble Falls. 

I thought I took the scenic route there
but I was wrong.

I took an alternate route home
right through the core of Hill Country.

If I could have pulled over a million times I would have.
But that would have been dangerous.
And crazy.

So I didn't.

I followed on little dirt road hoping to get a good view.

I saw this sign:

It was the "Loose Livestock" that got me.
It did not disappoint. 

Straight through this gate was a cattle field.
Full of longhorns. 

I don't own a zoom lens adequate enough
and so there is no photo.

But...

I did find this








The photo can't begin to do it justice.


But it does enough to convey the general idea.

The trip from Marble Falls to Cedar Park made me wish I was on a motorcycle.
The road wound
and curved
up
and down
over
and through
the most beautiful part of Texas I have seen yet.

Cheers,
A


1 comment: