6.28.2011

Kitchen Aid

I can't exactly cook.
Okay, let me rephrase that:
I don't consider myself a cook.
In the kitchen, I need all the help I can get.
So this weekend,
while recovering from bronchitis and effectively quarantining myself in the house,
I decided to try my hand at making an apron.
I traced the outline of an apron my fabulous Auntie Kay made for me a few years ago,
and winged the rest.
I was really happy with the results,
and made Elena a matching apron, in case she needs help in the kitchen, too.
But I still had all this fabric laying around the house. 
So I thought to myself,
"Self, you'd better keep on sewing."
This one was made using Anna Maria Horner voile for the ruffle and ties.  I LOVE how it turned out.  Vintage yet modern.
Grey+Yellow is a hot new trend.
And I am in love with this apron.
You may remember this fabric.
I made Elena a skirt using it (see here)
I had just enough stashed in my fabric bin to make this.

The question now is:
What do I DO with all of them?

Cheers,
A

4 comments:

  1. I have an idea of what you can do with these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. Give-a-way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed much? :) Very cute! I love that butterfly fabric- what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've purchased an anthro apron or two in the past and worn it with a tshirt,sweater and jeans. Aprons frequently have bolder patterns than you will find in many "real" tops. I think you (or anyone) could do that with many of your aprons. if they wanted.

    ReplyDelete