3.22.2011

Now Playing

My taste in music is like the weather in Minnesconsin.
Varied.
Unpredictable.
One day I'm listening Bruno Mars and Cee Lo Green and P!NK
and the next I'm all about Muse, the Bravery and Mumford and Sons.
Or Ani and Madonna and Florence+The Machine.
Or Bjork, Radiohead and Outkast.

I like {almost} everything.

But there are some artists
some songs
that I will always carry with me.

Songs that make me roll my car windows down,
turn the speakers up to 11
and sing.
At the top of my lungs.

And then hit "replay."

~Sunshine, Atmosphere

~Dog Days Are Over, Florence+The Machine

~Uprising, Muse

~Both Hands, Ani DiFranco

~Let's Get Incredible, Lifter Puller

~Black Dog, Led Zeppelin

~99 Red Balloons, Nena

~Swim Until You Can't See Land, Frightened Rabbit

~Mrs. Potters Lullaby, Counting Crows

~Gimmie Sympathy, Metric

~Zero, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

~My Only Offer, Mates of State

~Wanted, Dead or Alive, Bon Jovi

~Ours, The Bravery

~Awake My Soul, Mumford and Sons

~Smile, Lily Allen

~Brown Eyed Girl, Van Morrison

~September, Earth, Wind and Fire

~F.U., Cee Lo

~Big Time Sensuality, Bjork

~Mr Brightside, The Killers

~Positive Jam, The Hold Steady

~Revelry, Kings of Leon

~Viva La Vida, Coldplay

~The Greatest Man I Never Knew, Reba McEntire

~The Rhythm Of Love, Plain White T's

I'm pretty sure I could go on forever.
And ever.
And ever, ever.

So this will be my list today.

Right now.

Volume 1 of the soundtrack to my life.

And since no blog post is complete without a photo:
Meet Honey.
(My friend Melissa's dog)

I encourage you to head over to iTunes
and give a listen to some of these songs
that you may not know.

Then suggest your favorites in the comments.
Share your music with me.

And the rest of you dear,
sweet,
encouraging,
loyal
readers.

You are the pages of my book, you know.
Each and every one of you.

Help me write the score...

Cheers,
A

1 comment:

  1. ok. that is it. your public demonstration of your love of music has inspired me to (finally)get my ass to the post office and mail those cds-that-i-said-i'd-mail-six-months-ago. I'm doin' it. Consider it done. Promise.

    ReplyDelete