2.23.2010

Natural Light

I may have mentioned that we are in the process of remodeling our main bathroom and re-carpeting our downstairs family room.

The projects are all but done. 
Minor details are left for them to be fully completed.
Yesterday afternoon we moved the futon back downstairs and I opened the curtains.
Wide.
And I noticed that there is the most amazing natural light filling the room.


So I ran upstairs and grabbed the baby, a quilt made by the fabulous Lindsay Brown, and my camera.
I set to Aperture priority, opened it up, and just started shooting.

Nikon D90
Focal Length: 85mm
Aperture: 5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/50
ISO: 800

This is straight out of camera.
I could soften it a bit.
Make the skin a bit more even and make Stella's baby blues really pop.
But I wanted to show you how insane the light is in that room.
I'm sad that I have only now discovered it.
Had I known, hardwood would have gone in instead of carpet, and I'd be calling it my studio.

Nikon D90
Focal Length: 28mm
Aperture: 5.0
Shutter Speed: 1/25
ISO: 400

Nikon D90
Focal Length: 50mm
Aperture: 5.0
Shutter Speed: 1/20
ISO: 400

My silly girl.
Also a fan of the bright, warm, newly carpeted open room.
She stayed down there almost all afternoon. 
Playing with Pinky (the elephant) and her pig. 
And three balloons.

Cheers,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment