6.14.2010

What I Know For Sure


Of these things I am certain:

*There is no instruction manual to being a parent. Stella could make it through the night without eating if we forced her to fall back to sleep.
But I don't have the heart to hear her cry.
So I cave.
And I feed her.

*A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.  I won't have time to exercise until she is sleeping through the night and I can give up an extra hour of sleep to work out.  And even then I'll still make excuses not to. That's just how I roll.

*Be careful what you wish for. My new job is everything I thought it would be. And nothing at all like I imagined.  Both at the same time. And it is very very VERY time consuming.

*Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  I miss my friends. All of them. A lot.  I cannot wait to visit MN in July and have some quality time with all of you!

*Count your blessings.  My mom and step-dad are in town until Friday morning. I am LOVING having them here and dreading their departure.  Elena is going to be heartbroken when gramma leaves.

*Only the good die young.  I try to break at least one rule every day.  Just to be on the safe side.

*My cup runneth over.  Elena will come up to me, out of nowhere, give me a giant hug and sweetly whisper, "I love you, momma."  I will never ever tire of her doing this. Even if I live to be three hundred and four.  Never ever.

*A propos.  The top photo has nothing to do with this post. Neither does this one.



Cheers,
A

1 comment:

  1. That is how I felt about Audrey. I could have let her cry, but I never did. And eventually, she did sleep through the night. So, I am with you. I would feed too. :)

    ReplyDelete