2.15.2011

Hat Envy

This is Anda.

I started blog stalking her earlier this year.
I adore her style.
Personally.
Professionally.

She's a fellow 'Sconnie Girl
who came to Austin in November
to shoot a wedding.

We met up for a three hour cup of coffee
some camera pointers
and a lot of laughs.

I am honored to call her a friend.
And hope she knows that she's also
a mentor.
A source of constant inspiration.

As a token of my appreciation,
I sent her a gorgeous grey
cabled hat
that I was soooooo ready to keep
all to my greedy little self.
But just look at her in this hat
through the lens of yet another
phenomenal Wisconsin talent
Nikki of Nikki-N Photography.

(Thank you, so much, for graciously allowing me to use these amazing images)

I saw these photos
and missed that hat.
A lot.

And I had this skein of yarn
just sitting around
waiting
patiently
to be turned into something
fabulous.
It's not the same yarn I used for Anda's hat
if you remember,
I never make the exact same hat
twice.

But I used it to make a cabled hat.
Just for me.
Sadly,
I don't have a Nikki
Or an Anda
nearby to take gorgeous photos
of me wearing it.

So the mannequin head photos will have to suffice.

Anda,
thank you.
For all the little ways you inspire.

Stay fabulous.
every single amazing one of you.

Cheers,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment