From Rags To...

A few months back, 
I happened upon some clearance charm packs
at a fabric shop near our old apartment. 

They weren't colors I'm traditionally drawn to,
but they were so inexpensive, I couldn't pass them up.

They sat in my fabric bin for weeks.
I had no idea what I was going to do with them.
I started sewing 1" strips of fabric to two sides of each square.
110 squares, total.
Then I started piecing them together, and realized I had erred.
Something huge.
And what I had envisioned was absolutely not what was developing.

So I ripped the seams from those white strips of fabric.
From all 110 squares.

And I started over.
Something easier, this time.
A rag quilt.

It came together in a day.

  And while it is not something that is my typical color palette,
I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.
It actually matches my living room rather well.
A happy accident.
I really like how the back turned out.
I am happy I decided to use more than one color.
It sort of looks like a game of Tetris...



  1. I like how it turned out too, but that first photo hurts my eyes!

  2. I *LOVE* it. Those are the colors I enjoy. Good choice and the quilt turned out wonderfully. Yet again, another success by A. :)