5.10.2011

A Hole New Look

I'm very lucky that I have a husband
who likes to wear simple
plain
colored tees from the Gap.
His easy fashion frees up all the extra clothes money
for the girls and me.

A consequence I'm learning to cope with...

DRL also wears a belt buckle that tends to tear tiny little holes in his tees.
After much begging, pleading, and oh-dear-god-honey-can-we-just-get-new-ones-already-ing from me, 
he eventually throws them away and we venture out to the mall 
to buy me new outfits replace his wardrobe.

On Saturday, I asked if I might be able to
oh, I don't know, 
maybe repurpose one of his hole-y shirts
into a dress for our wee babykins.

Um....okay?  
Was the response I received.
And it was all the go ahead I needed.




As soon as these photos were taken,
I set off making one for Elena using a slate blue tee.
It took a few extra modifications since she's bigger
and, well, the T-shirt was the same size as the first
but it turned out equally as great.

I'm hoping they don't shred apart in the wash.

Cheers,
A

3 comments:

  1. So weird to see her standing!!! And I think that she reminds me of Elena in that first picture. Is the top fabric from his t-shirt too? Or is that a woven? It is hard to tell via photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. You are so talented! Is there anything you can't do?? Now, if only there was a way to recycle George's massive book collections into paper pulp clothes... I wonder.. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how friggin cute is she?!!!!

    and all those teeth. chace is behind in the tooth department!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete