7.23.2009

A New One

I've started on another quilt. One that is adult sized and large enough to cover (most of) me and (some of) DRL. It matches nothing in my house, and that's what I love about it. I picked the fabric becuase it looks nothing like what I would choose.

I really love this photo. The shadow on the bottom, obscuring the edge of the quilt. The bottle of nailpolish on the table. I love how the top part of the photo looks like it's slightly out of focus, and the very middle is sharp, and crisp. I'm not as good of a photographer as this picture lets on. Maybe that's why I like it so much.

I love the backing fabric. It's not even from the same line. The color doesn't match the front, nor does the style. And that's what I love about it. Just wait until you see the fabric for the binding. Chocolate brown with cream polk-a-dots. Who doesn't love polk-a-dots?
Crazy people, that's who.
Now, if only I can manage to find the time to actually quilt this thing already...
Cheers,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment