4.05.2010

Vingt-Neuf

I am 29 years old today.
(Or 13, if you ask Elena.)
And this is what I know for sure.

*True friendships last forever. No matter what. Time. Distance. Differences of opinion. Mall Bangs. Pinned Girbauds. Nothing will shake their foundations. 

*I really really like to sew. I can sit at my sewing machine and I'm happy. The stress is gone. The fatigue is gone. I love to create.

*Dear knitting needles: I still love you, too. It's just not hat season, anymore. Please fear not. I will return to you when the frost kisses the last leaves of autumn.

*My friend Rebecca's chocolate cake is one of life's greatest pleasures.  I will miss it, and her, when we live farther apart than we do now. But...perhaps we can start our own quilting bee.  Which will at least somewhat makeup for the lack of cake.

*My aunt's Peanut Butter Pie is also very very very ridiculously good.  For real. Stick-to-your-hips-and-sit there-forever good.

*No matter what happens with the TX job, I love my life. And feel remarkably blessed.

*My daughters are amazing.  I love them both so very much. And I can't wait to get home from work every day to smiling faces, open arms, and a whirlwind of stories describing the day.  (Not so much from Stella..but we're working on getting her talking.)

*I have the world's best husband. Partner. Friend.  We met when I was 15 years old. When I was 21 we started dating, and the rest, as they say, is history.  I am honored to be his wife.  And happy that he is so willing to be my husband. I am certain the job is not easy.

*30 isn't going to be so bad.  And for those of you who are of the female variety: there will be a blowout in Vegas next year to commemorate.  Take the weekend off now. Start saving. Find a babysitter. It's going to be my first time in Sin City, and a weekend for the record books. 

Happy Birthday.
(to me).
A

No comments:

Post a Comment