9.17.2010

A Day In The Life

Today
I woke up,
got out of bed
dragged a comb across my head
went down stairs and drank a cup...

No, wait, that's a Beatles song.
True story though.

Most of you don't really know what it is that I do for a living.
You know that I left you
freezing in Minnesota
for the deathly heat of Tejas.

But why?
WHY? You ask.
I will tell you:

I left because I enjoy staring at the gauges on my instrument panel
day in
and day out.

Because I don't need to see the front seat of my car:

Because I like coffee,
cell phone chargers,
and wallets strewn across my center console.
I left because Elena's carseat looked like a perfect
elbow splint holder.
Because I got sick of having to wear
worn in, formed-to-my-body jeans
and feet freeing flip flops
every
single
comfortable
day.

Because Panera Bread caters:

Because I randomly see a Lamborghini driving
through one of the seediest parts of town.
Because when I get home
my girls pilfer my bag for snacks
or toys
or candy
or money.
Or nail polish bottles.
And because I love driving 100 miles
to come home to this:
and this:
And oh
sweet lord in heaven
this:
Cheers,
A

1 comment:

  1. .....so what is it you do for a living?

    ReplyDelete