11.28.2009

Giving Thanks

I realize that Thanksgiving has already come and gone.  But I wanted to take the time to put down in words how thankful I am for all the wonderful blessings in my life.  

In no particular order.

I am thankful to have an amazing husband. A friend. A partner.  Some strength when I need it most.  A man who makes me happy to be alive.  I am blessed to walk through this world with him.  I and I don't tell him that nearly enough.

I am thankful for my amazing daughter.  Elena is quietly confident and smarter than hell.  She amazes me in little ways every single day. From singing Beatles songs, to telling me about metamorphosis, to stopping mid play to crawl into my lap and cuddle.  I love being near her.  I love watching her become her own person.  I cannot wait to see what kind of sister she will be.

I am thankful to have a healthy and easy pregnancy.  Although I am the biggest whiner most of you know and I feel like I swallowed a basketball, I truly am blessed by how simple this whole gestation thing has been.  (Now, I just have to get through labor and delivery!)

I am thankful for my Nikon D60 and the lessons I have learned with it over the last year.  The photos I've been able to capture. Of my friends. My family. My child.  

I am thankful for every single one of my friends and family.  You all bring such vibrant color to my life in so many different ways.  I could not would not be the person that I am without each and every one of you.   

I am thankful for the women I have met through the blogosphere over the last year. I have learned so much from your stories, from your lives.  I am a better woman because of you.  A better mother.  A better photographer.  A better friend. 

I am thankful for my iPhone.  Because it's fun.

I am thankful for people who use their blinkers, and for those who merge properly and courteously.  

I am thankful to live in a country where we aren't afraid of Change, yet are still rich in our traditions. 

I am thankful for my knitting needles. For Malabrigo. And for Organic Blue Sky Cotton (thanks, Luc.)

I am thankful for inside voices.  And I hope that Elena will learn what that means.

I am thankful for the special way a 2 year old cuddles.  And gives kisses.  And burrows her head into my shoulder.

I am thankful for the word "Mama."

And last but not least, I am thankful for blogger.  Without which my self-deprecating diatribes would be entirely impossible.

Happy Thanksgiving,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment