11.23.2009

A New Project

I have finally selected fabric for the crib and toddler bed quilts for the girls' room. It was a very long and arduous process, and I could not have done it without the help of my friend Rebecca. It doesn't match the bedding that I purchased at Target.

And I'm okay with that.

It matches the colors of the nursery. It's a little polka-dot esque (I did choose polka dot flannel by Amy Butler for the backing), and it's girlie.

I bought a bundle of 18 fat quarters and am using 9 in each quilt top to make sure that each of my girls has a blanket that is as unique as they are.

While still sharing a common thread..

Here's what I picked:

I still have to choose fabric for the binding. I'm thinking of finding something in yellow (the walls in the nursery are painted a creamy, buttery, "post-it note" yellow, and I'd love to somehow tie that in.)

You'll have to wait for photos to see the pattern I've chosen, but I am almost done with the first quilt top already! I'm very excited.
Elena is, too!
Cheers!
A

1 comment: