12.28.2010

Monday Mourning

Even though it is really Tuesday
today
is my first day back to work
since leaving Austin
on the 20th.

I am not exactly
mourning
anything
per se
but
I am sitting at my desk right now
while
DRL
and Elena
sleep in.

I  haven't even started the coffee yet.

I have a pile of faxes to get through.
Voicemails to return.
A military base to visit
and laundry to do.

So
much
laundry.

It is good to be home.
Here.
But I already miss home
there.

Friends.
Family.
And yes,
even snow.

I once heard that
you must
at least once in your life
spread your wings and fly
and only then can you truly understand
where your roots are.

But then
more recently
I heard
you must have roots
for those wings to work.

I think both are true.
I am grateful for this opportunity in Texas
and the amazing weather
and I feel remarkably blessed
to have the people
in Minnesconsin
in my life.

And the rest of you spread out all over
the US
who also
make up my tribe.

I hope your Christmas
was merry
and bright.

And that your new year
is filled
with
pounds lost
clutter cleaned
time donated
money saved
vacations taken
and other resolutions
that may or may not
be kept.

Thank you
for you.

And for being
so very much
a part
of me.

Cheers,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment