1.20.2011

I Shall Call You Squishy, And You Shall Be Mine....


My phone rang this morning.
A great friend
who I worked with at my old job
was calling to ask if I would kindly knit her a hat.

"Of Course, Dahling!" I told her.
We talked about style (slouchy)
and yarn color (brown)
and I set my mind in motion.

Moments after we hung up
I had gotten a text asking
ever so nicely
if I could maybe
just maybe
use green, too.

"Ah, but of course, dahling!"

Off to work I went.
I have a day job, after all.
I have work to do besides knit, quilt, and take photos.

(bummer, I know!)

During the course of my day,
I happened to travel by one of my new favorite yarn stores,
Gauge Knits
and I found
the most
delicious
yarn.

Normally,
I'm a Malabrigo fanatic.
Lunatic.
Psycho crazy person.
Merino wool is my weakness.
In every way.

But today, was different.
I bought squishy
dreamy
soft
peruvian wool.

I didn't buy brown.
I didn't buy green, either.
I bought gold.
And I am in loooooooooooove
with this yarn:
I cannot wait to see how the hat turns out.
I am going to make the flower using a lighter gold
with a little
sparkly sheen.
Because girls need a touch
of girly-ness
every now and then.

Mary,
I hope you love the yarn I picked.
But if you don't
I'd be really
really
super
fine
keeping it all to my greedy little self.

...............


I know I said today was different.
That today I wasn't psycho crazed Malabrigo lady.
What I meant to say was,
I am always a sucker for a dreamy Merino.

Always.
Forever.
Til Death Us Do Part....
Especially when it's gray,
blended with silk,
and flecked with hints of silver and pink.

Oh.
My!

Cheers,
A

(PS: Today is the last day to enter to win a gorgeous handmade item from Luc! Scroll down for all the info.)

2 comments:

  1. Ok I am pretty sure the gray yarn w/ silver and pink is meant for me and Im also pretty sure I would like you to make me something with it..anything really. I might even pay you for it..are you still accepting unicorn hugs and butterfly wings and payment? Thanks Dear!

    ReplyDelete